Thanks, that's helpful.  But if I understand what it's
saying, although it shows how to point to a different
config directory, you're limited to one alternate
configuration since you have to set the location in
the NUTCH_CONF_DIR environment variable.

What I really would like is a way to pass in the
location of the config files (e.g. nutch-default.xml,
regex-urlfilter.txt, etc.) as an argument to the nutch
script, so that I can have multiple config files (each
for a different site I wish to crawl).

I found a somewhat clumsy way to accomplish this, by
modfiying the nutch script so that it prepends the
current directory to the CLASSPATH and running a copy
of the script from the directory that has my config
files.  This way the script first looks in the current
directory and it picks up my site-specific config
files.

By the way, sorry for the extra post - haven't used a
mailing list in awhile.