> You would need to click on the map link on jobdetails.jsp and each task
> will say something like this:
>
> 11337 pages, 3748 errors, 1.7 pages/s, 329 kb/s,

Okay.  Now I see it.

There are 97 map tasks.

96 map tasks state:
0 threads, 0 pages, 0 errors, 0.0 pages/s, 0 kb/s,
All the above 96 map tasks state the same thing.

1 map task states:
0 threads, 2888 pages, 54 errors, 3.3 pages/s, 1681 kb/s,

There is definitely a problem here.

How do I spread out the map tasks to all available slots?

I found the errors by clicking on the task.
Then, I clicked on the task logs all link.

It appeared to be running fine, until near the
end, I am seeing error messages like this:

-----
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=6, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1618613 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=9, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=0, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/118288 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/74343 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=2, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/971779 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=2, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1585170 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=1, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/82747 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/687356 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=0, fetchQueues.totalSize=798
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1425403 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1461659 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=3, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1484234 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1096086 failed with:
-activeThreads=16, spinWaiting=5, fetchQueues.totalSize=800
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/12074 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/565789 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/542157 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/522730 failed with:
fetch of http://www.example.com/public/page.asp/1617438 failed with:
-----

How do I resolve this error?
The master has 4gb, this particular slave has 1.5gb.
Another slave has 1gb, another slave has 4gb.
Do I just need to add physical memory?
Or, is this something else in the configuration?

Is this error the cause of only doing 3% of the 100k
urls I requested to be done?

Or, is it a problem with the other 96 map tasks not doing
anything?

Thanks again for all of your help.

JohnM

--