I am using nutch-0.9.

In the searcher.IndexSearcher class, there is a getDirectory
method that uses the following two calls:

-----
    if ("local".equals(this.fs.getName())) {
      return FSDirectory.getDirectory(file.toString(), false);
-----

I am getting a warning on the this.fs.getName()
and FSDirectory.getDirectory() calls, stating these
calls are deprecated.

I reviewed the documentation.  They are definitely
deprecated.  What is the correct code to be used in
this method?

For org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem getName(), the
documentation states we should use getUri().  However,
this returns a URI.  How should I compare it with the
static string "local"?

For org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory getDirectory(),
the documentation states we should use IndexWriter's
create flag to create an index.  However, since we are
passing in false, can we just remove the boolean?

Please let me know how we are planning on modifying
this code to adhere to the APIs we are using.

Thanks!

JohnM

--
john mendenhall