Hi Susam

My urls file is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] conf]$ hadoop dfs -cat urls/urllist.txt
http://lucene.apache.org

I'm using the crawl-urlfilter.txt suggested in the tutorial - ie changing
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*MY.DOMAIN.NAME/
to read
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*apache.org/

When I run
nutch crawl urls -dir crawled.11 -depth 3
it stops at depth 0.

After changing crawl-urlfilter.txt to match regex-urlfilter.txt, and running
nutch crawl urls -dir crawled.12 -depth 1
I see more output, so maybe the crawl has worked. However I still don't know
how to extract the crawled files.

Looking at the hadoop.log, I noticed that there was an error message about the
robot settings
2008-01-29 07:54:00,508 FATAL api.RobotRulesParser - Agent we advertise
(University of Edinburgh) not listed first in 'http.robots.agents' property!
So I corrected the settings (in nutch-site.xml) and ran the same crawl again.
This time it stopped at depth 0.

My hadoop.log is too large to attach, so please let me know if you want me to
send it directly.

thanks and regards
Barry