From: Bartosz Gadzimski [mailto:bartek...@o2.pl]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:02 AM
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadopp Config Exception in Nutch

Hi,

Which version of nutch are you using?

You have wiki tutorial on running nutch in eclipse (it's important to
add conf dir to classpath and move it to top of loading libs)
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunNutchInEclipse0.9

I've installed nutch rc in eclipse on windows just 2 hours ago and it's
working great.

Hope you set searcher.dir on you nutch-site.xml properly (full path to
your crawl dir)

Thanks,
Bartosz

Lukas, Ray pisze:
> Has anyone seen this.. Do you know the solution.. I will start looking
> through the hadopp code but if someone has fixed this already I would
> appreciate knowing.. Thanks guys..
>
> Fri Mar 6 14:48:40 2009 DEBUG main java.io.IOException: config()
>       at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:93)
>       at

org.apache.nutch.util.NutchConfiguration.create(NutchConfiguration.java:
> 51)
>       at IndexCreator.<init>(IndexCreator.java:66)
>       at Driver.createIndex(Driver.java:17)
>       at Driver.main(Driver.java:10)
>
> and
>
> Fri Mar 6 14:48:40 2009 DEBUG main java.io.IOException: config(config)
>       at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:102)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.<init>(JobConf.java:77)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.<init>(JobConf.java:88)
>       at org.apache.nutch.util.NutchJob.<init>(NutchJob.java:27)
>       at IndexCreator.<init>(IndexCreator.java:68)
>       at Driver.createIndex(Driver.java:17)
>       at Driver.main(Driver.java:10)
>
> Ray
>
> Some background.. I am working in Eclipse, on windows. Put the jar
files
> in lib directory from the nutch distribution, added the plug-in
> directory and nutch seems to generate indexes which Luke can open even
> though this happens.. But NutchBean search always fails to find
> anything, (returns zero hit objects) even though Luke finds and
displays
> the indexes without a problem.. I am thinking index dir is okay but
the
> other things are not, so Nutch Bean is something that might be relying
> on those "other things" and so I am seeking to resolve this..
> Set up log4J correctly and now I am finally seeing these. Thought I
> would ask if anyone else has run across this... Sorry I am new to
Nutch,