You can put a full path in nutch-site.xml
<property>
  <name>searcher.dir</name>
  <value>/full/path/crawl</value>
  <description>
  Path to root of crawl.  This directory is searched (in
  order) for either the file search-servers.txt, containing a list of
  distributed search servers, or the directory "index" containing
  merged indexes, or the directory "segments" containing segment
  </description>
</property>