Hi all,

I've been thinking about writing a few simple components to help program parallel apps on the cloud platforms that we're targeting in Nuvem.

I'm starting with very basic building blocks that just return simple values or lists, and can run lists elements through filter, map or reduce application components.

I'm writing them in Python for now as I find it easier (and they can also run on the JVM with Jython) but it'd be nice to have native Java components too at some point.

I'm planning to commit this stuff under a nuvem-parallel directory, starting this evening, and will try to write a few more components this weekend when I find spare time.

Thoughts? Any one interested in working on this too?
--
Jean-Sebastien