Hi All,
Since the basic working code for XMPP is ready, i was thinking of few
improvements to it but i need few suggestions...

At the moment, any interaction using XMPP will go through an XMPPEndpoint
interface which is an SCA service and the implementing component of this
service will hold an XMPP Connection to the server (singleton) for which the
connection parameters are configured using the @Property mechanism of SCA.
This kind of a single connection is in-line with how GAE works as it just
allows one single client JID (*which identifies the deployed application*)
to connect to the XMPP server...

However, I was wondering if we should enhance the API in such a way that the
client can connect by providing a different client JID and credentials
whenever required?  but allowing such feature demands the XMPPEndpoint
service to be a conversational & a stateful service! this would also require
protecting the credentials passed as parameter during the intialization of
the conversational service if it is remote! I am still not aware if SCA
provides secure binding?

My opinion would be to keep it as is at the moment to just hold a single
connection to the XMPP server using a single JID to stay in-line with how
GAE works as after all the client should be portable.... once all platforms
allows clients to use different JIDs  and credentials to connect to XMPP
server, then a new API for nuvem can be designed.

Any Suggestions/thoughts?

Regards,
John