Hmm, an interesting queston.

I, as a member, have heard a number of times from different people that
there is NO money transaction in the entity of NYCWireless. After being a
member since April, it is still not clear to me who (supposedly the board
members?) are assuming the financial and legal liabilities of NYCWireless.

I am not sure how this will work for donation and other money-related
matters if there is no one in the NYCWireless taking charge of the
operation, accepting donating or whatever, and taking up the liabilities.
If you are not looking for the offical receipts for donation or whatever
that could be used for tax deduction, I guess you can do whatever you
want. But if you are looking for something that IRS will not have problems
with, that will be more complicated. In either case, I think it is not a
bad idea for whoever representing the NYCWireless entity will step forward
to make this clear to all members.

Bon