On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Anthony Townsend wrote:

> Apple MAcintosh makes great use of ad-hoc mode using Rendevous in Mac
> OS X.
> you can IM and share files with other users

Actually, I think Rendevous is a *little* overrated.  Ever since Win98
started to assign private IP address (169.*) when it couldn't contact a
DHCP server, it's still been possible to "view" other computer's files, as
long as it was in the same subnet.  I did the exact same thing about two
month ago as a test and had no problems accessing files without IP
configuration or DCHP server.

Kevin "Starfox" Arima