From: Anthony Townsend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "freelance writer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [nycwireless] Polls/surveys about wireless usage (by coffee buyers, etc.)?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:31:04 -0400

I think that no one has systematically asked these questions.

In fact, I think that many coffee shop owners are not excited about wireless users lurking since they don't make a lot of additional purchases. Rumor has it that more than one Starbucks' manager has deliberately disconnected the Tmobile APs to deter wireless campers in their stores.