sociableDESIGN :: www.sociableDESIGN.com
123 Bank Street, Suite 510, New York, NY 10014
m  +1 917 402 0422  ::  f +1 760 454 3690 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Feb 20, 2004, at 1:14 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Rob Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: February 19, 2004 8:43:14 PM EST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [nycwireless] Access Point Suggestion (let them thank you)

Happy day. Tonight I yet again encountered an open access point right where and when I needed it (Cafe Heartland, 24th and 9th) but once again I wished for the same thing--some way to thank the provider... So here's one suggestion for anyone setting up access points:

1. Make the ESSID include some type of reference--a URL
(www.sidewayzen.com) an email address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), or just
something...
2. If you have a site, offer a way to make donations (PayPal)

People appreciate it when you give them them say thank you--either in
comment or cash.

What do you think?

Rob