In line with providing apps that helps wireless users, I was wondering:
is it possible to create some type of web-based widget that would show
you the strength of the signal given your location?  The idea is that
when a user hit the portal, the portal webpage would show up and they
could immediately see how far they were from the source.

First thought was a standalone web app.  But I don't know how this
browser-based app would get its information (packet speed?).  Does a
browser have access to enough information to deduce signal strength?
Would it be possible to get information from the card itself?

What if there was a web-based plug-in to NetStumbler.  If the user has
NetStumbler installed, they can click the image and the view pulls in a
simple dynamic graph.  NetStumbler would feed info to the web app.
Would that work?

Are either of these feasible?  What are the issues?

Thanks for the help

Rob