Lets be precise. Wireless, at least current wifi, is not an adequate replacement for landline, at least in cities. WiMax or other non-LOS spectrum that might become available someday? That would be a different story.

My reason for caution -- Powell likes to cite the wireless alternative to insist there isn't a cable/telco broadband duopoly, as FCC closes out network access to competitive ISPs and CLECs.

My 2 ¢.