Another refried answer.

If NYC had bothered to noticed we already have the infastructure installed in the Richochet network installed in most utility poles in the city. Quite a few got pulled in the springtime annual cleaning of DOT.

The Richocet net was temporarily reactivated and used during Ground Zero search and recovery operations and the city has had ample opportunity to consider the purchase of the system.

Now we will have to blow a BILLION to rebuild the same thing.The feds wont pony up now the stuff we need. Public agencies such as FDNY dont even have a slightest clue where to start. BTW I work for FDNY.

Adam Vazquez