Hello All,

      I'm definitely excited about this (sorry for the short notice,
just found out). This is in addition to Brian House of YellowArrow.

      Ian Smith from Intel will be presenting on a Wi-Fi based
positioning system they have developed. The URL is www.placelab.org if
people want to download the stuff before the meeting.

Look forward to seeing you there,
-Ben

------------------------

Wednesday, November 17th at 7:15pm
http://www.nycwireless.net/nycw_newsevents.html

Meeting Location: Bway.net, 459 Broadway, 2nd Floor.
About 2 blocks north of Canal, near the corner of Grand St. On the west
side of the street, then up one flight of stairs. Via subway (Canal
Street stop): the J,M,N,Q,R,W,Z, and a bit further, but still on Canal
is A,C,E,1,6,9.

Speaker: Brian House

Topic: The YellowArrow creates an interactive forum for people to leave
and discover messages pointing out what counts. Participants place
arrows to draw attention to different locations and objects  a favorite
view of the city, an odd fire hydrant, the local bar. After placing an
arrow, a participant sends a text message to 1.646.270.5537 with the
stickers unique code and the brief message they wish to connect it
with. Messages range from literary quotations to personal commentaries
to game-like prompts to action. When a person encounters an arrow, he or
she sends the stickers unique code to 1.646.270.5537 and immediately
receives the message associated with it on their mobile phone. Through
this location-based exchange of text messages, the YellowArrow becomes a
symbol for the unique characteristics, personal histories, and hidden
secrets that live within our everyday environment. YellowArrow.org is
the online gallery of photos and maps of YellowArrows placed throughout
the
world.

and the group:

Counts Media is a company that creates art-driven entertainment
experiences. Our mission is to enrich the human experience by changing
the way people look at their environments. Past work of the team members
can be found at http://www.knifeandfork.org, http://www.stadtblind.org,
and http://www.uniondocs.org