Hi,

After attending this week's meeting many members and I agreed that we we have to come up with a way to engage in discussion about the topics that are discussed in the group. There are developments in the works that we'll see soon on the NYCWireless site to address this issue. In the meantime I present to you the "Unofficial NYCWireless Mobility SIG Blog" (everyone has one, why not us).

http://jmarinez.typepad.com/blog/smartphones_and_mobility/index.html

I've written some posts already but I don't want to be the only one contributing to it. You'll find a short description of the last meeting there (YellowArrow and Placelab.org) as well as my impressions of the PalmOne Treo Road Show that occurred this Tuesday in NYC.

If you have anything you want to say or point out to the Mobility SIG group please free to email me. I'm looking for content related to wireless, but in the context of cell phones (mobiles). Anything that discusses the impact or possibilities of what can be done with a mobile. If you've read the book Smart Mobs by Howard Rheingold and/or Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam you know what kind of content I'm looking for. Think of it as a Mobile Lifestyle 101 bulletin board.

On the same note, Laura Forlano is looking for content as well for the Social Impact SIG Blog. You can contact her directly. Her info is on the NYCWireless site under Programs.

There is no reason for the conversations to end at the culmination of a NYCWireless meeting.

Regards,

Jose Marinez
Mobility SIG