All:

I downloaded this LYCOS screensaver today after reading about it on /.
The active graphic that displays when the screensaver is ON is way cool.

Jim Sutton
Wireless Tech Radio
http://www.wirelesstechradio.com

| Lycos Declares War on Spam Servers                                 |
|   from the spam-it-forward dept.                                   |
|   posted by Michael on Friday November 26, @21:07 (Spam)           |
|   http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/26/2129238           |

Psychotext writes "The Register have posted a story about a [0]new
screensaver from Lycos that targets known spam servers (taken from spamcop
and verified by hand) with traffic in order to raise their bandwidth costs
and hopefully price them out of the game. Lycos state that this is not a
DDOS as Lycos monitors the site's responsiveness and throttles back when
the site starts to falter. The screensaver is [1]available here for Mac
OSX, Mac OS9 and Windows, though you might need to lie about what country
you are from." Reader JohnGrahamCumming writes "As part of preparing for
the [2]MIT Spam Conference I've put together a survey on what people are
experiencing out there with spam, what they are doing about and followed
it up with a test of different views of an inbox filled with spam and ham.
You can take the [3]test and be part of the survey results in January."

Discuss this story at:
    http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=04/11/26/2129238

Links:
    0. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/26/lycos_europe_spam_blitz/