How is it illegal? This is open spectrum we are talking about. No law against listening... in fact 802.11 operates under the principle that your equipment listens to frequency constantly to determine if packets are addressed to your receiver.

- Dustin -

Emre Celebi wrote:

Hi,

It's illegal to snoop mails and personal information, but if group is
friendly, if you have a good reason to do it and if you ask consent or
ask for objections to demonstrate it, and if you present it in a
non-revealing way (e.g. blur sensitive parts of the snapshot) I think it
would be appropriate.

Regards,
Emre