Hello Anthony,

        I agree, that this is a serious problem, too many APs in a small
area and the inability to login into most of them. I've run into this
same exact problem about 3-6 months ago at many internet cafes in
Manhattan. This problem is probably limited to highly dense wireless
equipped areas though. Typically, I'm unable to login to any APs except
the closest most powerful one even though my laptop sees 10-20 APs. Due
to this and inability to have access in areas outside the NYC area, I've
started looking into other technologies such as EVDO/1xRTT.

-Ben