I'll be attending whatthehack this summer and will be happy to report back.
I may be blogging the event - more on that later.

FYI, although the German group CCC (Chaos Communications Club) is an active
participant, this years event is being organized by the Dutch group.  There
is a camp every odd numbered year, alternating between Germany and the
Netherlands.  CCC also has an annual event in Berlin btw December 27-29.
All are well worth attendning