Numerous neighbors have been complaining of
trouble with dialing into AOL lately.
I told them this is a likely verizon problem,
and they should complain.

My next-door neighbor, however, knows that I have
an antenna, so he asked me to turn it off.
(like a fool, I agreed :-(
and he said it helped.  Still slow, but he could
at least get carrier detect.
(Note, 3 people on my block complained, but
3 others who are not anywhere in range of
my xmitter are also complaining, and one in Cape Cod.)

I will talk to another neighbor, possibly tomorrow,
and redo the test.  Thought I would ask people's
experience...

BTW, I am using a 200mW Senao, with 25' LMR400,
connected to an antenna approx 14DBi.

Thanks
Seth
PS Some are not Verizon customers, but of course,
Vx owns the wires and the Fiber or T1 Muxes on the poles.