i think we need to be realistic about what we can do with wireless in major disasters like this. for the most part the Red Cross, Nat'l Guard, FEMA, etc are very well equipped communications-wise.

while we're on it - is Katrina going to be the start of another short- lived collective whine by the blogging community about how to save the world by blogging about it (and then forgetting about it a month later)? or is the South not as cool as Thailand and Sri Lanka?

if you want to help, go to work, make money and donate cash to the relief effort

or invent a way to pump water or concrete over Wi-Fi