In a few weeks we will be having informational event at Community Access building on Franklin Ave in the Bronx. The goal is to raise awareness of the NYCw wireless network recently installed in that building and help residents that already have a computer get connected. To help with this Josh Auerbach has generously donated USB Wifi adapters that we will be able to distribute at the event.

We are also looking for volunteers that can help us find a source of used or new/cheap PCs to be distributed to CA residents. I am not sure if Dell or any of the others have program for the economically dis-advantaged but I could really use help getting this program up and running.

For background on our work with CA check out http://www.nycwireless.net/tiki-index.php?page=CaNet and also the CA website http://www.cairn.org/ .

- Dustin -