From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:20 AM
To: nycwireless@lists.nycwireless.net
Subject: [nycwireless] Sprint sells iDEN, announces WiMAX

Sprint sells iDEN, announces WiMAX

Here's the scoop from
[http://pcsintel.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1100
|PCSIntel]:

''The Department of Defense, working with the FCC, DHS, the President,
and Congress has brokered a framework agreement to purchase Sprint
Nextel's iDEN network as the first phase of a national overhaul of its
security framework in regards to communication.''

''Sprint intends to deploy a national, non-fixed ))WiMax(( network with
as much, if not more coverage than the existing CDMA network.''

Wow.  Gee.  Huh.  Uh, so for us consumers, what the heck does this mean?

Rob