Thanks Bill Bob.

And frankly, it has nothing to do with small or large profits. It has only to do with the co-option and private-gating of a public resource that everyone has helped to build.

How would you feel if some private organization contracted with your city to manage sidewalks, and then afterwards erected fences to only let those who paid them an entry fee (at a price _they_ determined) to walk on those sidewalks, or those who ran stores paid them to leave the sidewalk in front of their store open (again at a price the management company determined)? What if there were two private companies that did this in your town, and claimed that they were competing because there were 2 of them. Meanwhile, you still can't use the sidewalk unless you pay one of them.

Dana Spiegel
Executive Director
NYCwireless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]