Darrel,
     No I have not been sleepwalking. I have been working hard and
reaping the rewards.
     Again, if you REALLY feel that Europe, even all nations
combined, has a stronger economy than the U.S., then you are so
disconnected from the facts that I don't think I could ever
convince you otherwise.  Korea does indeed have a strong economy,
but it too is not equal to ours.
     Perhaps most telling is that you seem to equate the average
speed of a residential connection to an ISP with the strength of a
nation's economy. To that all I can say is "Please re-read
paragraph 2."
     Yes, our economy is changing. It has been changing since the
beginning of our nation.  Some people get lucky and get to stay in
their same occupation for their 30-50 years but most don't. They
either change with the times or fall behind. Twenty to thirty
years ago I was a skilled tradesman in a good union job.It was
good. I got triple time on Sunday,2 1/2 time on Saturday night, 1
1/2 time in the evenings, and good benefits. Then as the economy
changed more of my work out-sourced, though back then the term was
"privatized". Every 3 years our contract got worse. I saw the
writing on the wall and educated myself and changed careers. My
co-workers from back then either did the same or stayed,but now
they earn less than half what I do,and complain about the "union".
If the contracts had stayed the same, their employers would have
gone out of business because they could not have competed any
longer, and they would have no jobs at all.

     Nothing sinister in all this, it is just the way Economics
works.

Jim