*** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING, PLEASE EMAIL ME ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) DIRECTLY ***

PassMark Software will soon be releasing a new version (v2.0) of its WirelessMon software. This application is designed to monitor wireless networks and report various statistics about the networks in the area. In addition to this it can produce maps of wireless network coverage. Some screen shots of the software and a download of the V2 beta are available here: http://www.passmark.com/forum/viewtopic.php? t=384

We are currently in the beta test stage and are looking for people to test this software. In searching for appropriate testers in the New York area I came across your nycwireless website. I was impressed both by the professionalism of the site and the quality of its directors. As such, I would like to invite you and any directors or members you feel appropriate to beta-test this software. In return I am authorised to donate $US100 towards your organisation plus the keycodes for five (5) copies of the final product when it is released.

To give you an idea on what we would like from the testers please read below.

Testing should cover several areas.
- Usability
- Stability
- Compatibility with GPS & Wireless cards
- Accuracy of data reported
- Completeness and accuracy of the included help file

The following items are requested as output of the test if you choose to participate:

1) A complete description of the hardware used during testing. Obviously the more variety of hardware used the better.

2) A wireless network coverage map and the corresponding project file. To complete this, a NMEA GPS unit and wireless PC will be required.

3) A test report containing a brief overview of the testing done and results obtained. Any comments on user-friendliness will be appreciated as will screenshots.

4) Because some of the reports, maps and screenshots may be useful in producing marketing and promotional material we request that testers make a short statement in their report to the effect that they surrender all intellectual property rights to PassMark Software. Testers should also notify us as to their preference for anonymity or not in case we wish to approach them to provide testimonials.

Important Note!

We do not expect testers to connect to open networks that they do not control. This is illegal in some countries and is not required or expected as part of the project.

The tester will need to supply their own hardware and electronic map for the area they are monitoring. If the map is obtained from a copyright protected source, please include the source in the report so that we may contact them for permission to reproduce the image.

If you and your association are interested in being part of this test, or if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me (details below). I thank you for your kind consideration.

Dana Spiegel
Executive Director
NYCwireless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]