I am a die hard advocate of unlicensed wireless and IP in general and love the dual mode story (so don't flame me for this post). But I have to tell you I need one of these femto cell gizmo's yesterday. Cell service in my Brooklyn apartment totally sucks. It seems like these devices would need to have significant active RF monitoring and power control intelligence to prevent interference with your neighbors that might be using the neighborhood cell tower or another femto cell. Any idea whether or not these are practical in apartment block-urban deployments? Rural and residential deployments are much simpler deployments from an interference point of view.

Om article:
http://gigaom.com/2006/12/10/femto-cellular/

Devices:
http://www.ubiquisys.com/ubiquisys2/zonegate.php