<http://www.cipherdyne.org/blog/2007/04/linux-journal-article-posted- single-packet-authorization-part-ii.html>

I should be able to make the 25th, will know soon. Im interested in checking out a/ny WiFi VoIP phone if someone can bring along.

- Jon

On Apr 6, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Ben R. Serebin wrote:

Hello John,

        This URL doesn't work (ODBC error) and a demo of a WPA/2 attack
would be great (April 25th is next meeting - confirm?). I'm sure someone
will still streamline the attack to reduce the need for rainbow tables
(even w/ this is valid against corporate networks).

        Anything in the works for .n to support something more secure? I
know we are draft, but I'm curious. Or is 802.1x still the only approach
to secure.

-Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Baer
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:45 PM
To: nycwireless@lists.nycwireless.net
Subject: Re: [nycwireless] Breaking WEP in < 60 seconds

Well I guess if you consider WEP = Worthless right off the bat + it now
takes a minute for what took a few hours to do rehashed :-)

I think you don't have to look further on WPA/2 attacks than cowpatty
and rainbow tables, kinda primitive but still effective ...

http://www.churchofwifi.org/default.asp?PageLink=Project_Display.asp?
PID=95

Maybe a demo of both @ the next meetup?

- Jon