Lol - and wi-max isn't a shared medium and going to take the same hit at
3pm with all those kooky kids (ahmm you mean customers Mr Covad...?)

Bad PR spun wrong looking for a story (not that I'm against Wi-Max far
from it) I just hate when marketing speople get involved.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1-212-203-4357 Ph
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

That's the
> idea right now at Covad, according to Director of Marketing Simon
McIver.

> The SMB market is ripe for a new connection, according to McIver.
Small and mid-
> size businesses are "waking up" to the fact that consumer broadband
services don't
> cut it for business applications like POS systems, Web servers, or
even office
> email.
>
> "The problem with cable and DSL is that it's a shared line." That
means that things
> may work smoothly at 9:00 a.m. when kids are in school, but slow down
at 3:00
> p.m. when they get out and hit the MMOGs (massively multiplayer online
games).

> A traditional solution is "a good old fashioned T1 line with 1.5
megabytes locked in,"
> explains McIver. "It's consistent, it's always there." But for small
businesses, it's a
> prohibitively costly solution.
>
> That's where fixed WiMax comes in. Unlike WiFi, WiMax can deliver the
assured
> bandwidth and higher reliability of a T1 with a lot less
infrastructure. WiMax also