Hi All,

        I'm very glad that so many of you have been able to enjoy the
Montgomery Sedge Wren and I hope that this continues.  I  understand that the
bird does not offer long clear looks with great frequency but speak from
experience when I say that patience here, will pay off.

     Recently there has been enough foot traffic through the high grass leading
to the nesting area that there is now a clearly beaten down path.  Once again,
please give this bird a wide birth and exercise patients while viewing from a
distance. Additionally, the area north of the path (nest area) has been annexed
by the DEC to allow these birds an undisturbed nesting site.  I strongly advise
against venturing from the mowed path.  With the appropriate consideration, we
should shortly enjoy multiple Sedge Wrens.

Good Birding,
                  Curt McDermott