This evening around 5:30pm, two Common Nighthawks were hunting in the open
field on the border of East Northport and Commack on Clay Pitts Road.  The
birds caught my attention when I was driving home and looked into the field
with two birds that had the distinct nighthawk flight and behavior.  I pulled
into the parking lot and watched the nighthawks for a little bit.  To my
surprise was getting my first of the season Mourning warbler foraging in the
southeast corner which happens to be brushy second-growth with a house on the
other side of the fence.  This field happens to be two blocks from my house, so
I will be making more pitstops here during fall migration to see
what other birds I can discover.

Vinny Pellegrino
www.flickr.com/pellegrinov
East Northport, NY

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you've
imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau