Today started with an enjoyable, "Condo" horseshoe tournament in Riverhead.

This was followed by a "Group for the East End " program in Southold, given by
Dr. Judith Weis, of SUNJ Rutgers Newark, on her co-authored book,  Salt
Marshes: A Natural and Unnatural History.

Heading home on Sound Ave in Riverhead, I noticed a lone Turkey Vulture feeding
in a short, rye grass field, on the s/s of the road, a short distance w/o Pier
Ave, and located on the w/s of a gray barn marked  John Kujawski & Sons, L.I.
Potatoes. This was a juvenile bird, whose head color had as much brown in it,
as it did red. As I approached to get better photos, it took off... but not
far! I continued on to see what it had been working on, and found a fly covered
carcass, which I took to be the remains of a Woodchuck. I've included the
detailed location of the remaining morsels, on the assumption there is at least
one other person on the North Fork, who may want to see a returning T.V., that
may have been born nearby!

Thinking this to be the end of a very satisfying day, I was surprised when the
cell phone rang, with Eileen Schwinn describing the Buff-breasted Sandpiper she
was looking at in Eastport, on the sod farm located on e/s of Route 51, about
100 yds. n/o County Rd. 111, and directly opposite the "bicycle trail". I was
there in 15 min's...and so was my FOS "buffy"!

Unfortunately, the A. Golden Plover she found earlier in the day in the sod
field directly behind, and to the east of the above field (where they fly the
minature planes) had "flown the coop". Cheers, Bob