Hello, Birders.

There was a decent mix of migrant landbirds at Target Rock National Wildlife
Refuge, Suffolk County, earlier today, Monday, Oct. 26th.

In the 45 minutes before sunrise, I heard several Hermit Thrushes migrating
over. I also heard and kinda saw 8 Eastern Screech-Owls, 3 Great Horned Owls,
and a cooperative Long-eared Owl.

At sunrise there was a nice fallout--literally--of Hermit Thrushes crashing
into the treetops. I counted 22, and there were surely more, giving all three
call types: the plaintive flight call, the clucking call note, and the rasping
aggression signal.

In the hourish after sunrise, it was nice'n'birdy in the woods, though with
nothing out of the ordinary. Here's what I came up with: 3 Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers, 1 Eastern Phoebe, 1 Blue-headed Vireo, 3 Red-breasted Nuthatches, 1
Winter Wren, 23 Golden-crowned Kinglets (all over the place, and I bet I missed
a lot), 10 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 1 Eastern Bluebird, 4 Gray Catbirds, 1
American Pipit, 23 Cedar Waxwings, only 9 Myrtle Warblers, and 1 American Tree
Sparrow.

-------------------------------

Ted Floyd
tedfloy...@hotmail.com
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado

-------------------------------

Ted Floyd
Editor, Birding

Please support the American Birding Association: Click on
http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=884482 to search the internet.

Check out the American Birding Association on FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22934255714

Check out the American Birding Association on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/abaoutreach

Please visit the website of the American Birding Association:
http://www.aba.org