Hook Mt. 29 Oct.

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) ventured to Hook Mt. on a very bleak morning. We
arrived at the top at 10:30 AM as the clouds began to break up. Shortly after
arriving, a kettle of mixed vultures rose in the air. This semi-reliable sign
produced our first eagle (BALD EAGLE) followed by a second eagle (GOLDEN
EAGLE). The weather cooperated and the sun came out for the remainder of our
stay.

Other birds of the morning included multiple TURKEY VULTURES and  BLACK
VULTURES, 2 SHARP-SHINNED HAWKS, 3 COOPER'S HAWKS, many RED-TAILED HAWKS, some
resident and an imm. RED-SHOULDER HAWK. Both AMERICAN CROWS and COMMON RAVENS
serenaded us as they flew about.

A second BALD EAGLE arrived at lunch and a second GOLDEN EAGLE arrived when we
finished. Not too many migrating hawks but a 4 eagle day at the morning watch

Sy