From: ROBERT ADAMO rada...@msn.com
Sent 11/4/2009 10:45:57 AM
To: NY BIRDS NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Barnacle & Pink-footed Geese at Sunken Meadow S.P.,
Suffolk Co.

Sorry for this late post. Yesterday afternoon, somewhere between 3  4 PM, I
arrived at the eastern parking lots, to find 3/4's of the birding McBrien
Family present, and the birds absent. Mom, Barbara, along with son, Michael,
and daughter , Megan, were just about leaving to try another spot in the park,
and said that if they found the birds they would return and let me know.

Well they did/did and I got to see the above. While looking at the geese, in
glorious weather and sunlight I might add, I learned that Michael is a member
of the NYSYBC, as well as a member of GSBAS. Barbara went on to tell me of her
"moving  shaking" after seeing the posts on NYBIRDS (on a school day) that
eventually got them to SMSP-wow, I wish I had a mother like that! Before I
forget, the birds were with a flock of Canada Geese in the grassy area, n/o the
westmost parking lot, w/s of the entrance road, just after the bridge.

Thinking back to the last time I saw these species together in Montauk, I
couldn't help but wonder if this duo, could be the same birds (traveling
partners if you will) that have surfaced locally again? Is this too much of a
stretch-you never know!

Cheers, Bob