Thanks to everyone that replied on how to submit banding data. Red Knot "6PU" was fitted with that tag May 26 of this year on the Delaware Bay shore at Cooks Beach, NJ.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Walter" <swalte...@verizon.net>
To: "NYSBIRDS-L" <NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:10 PM
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Banded Red Knot

A flock of about 120 Red Knots was present on the beach at Jones Beach Field 6 this morning. A look at a picture I took just to test my exposure revealed bands on one of them. There is a green band with "6PU" on the left tibia and a silver, apparently unmarked band on the right tarsus. This flock basically kept separate from the hundreds (or more) Dunlin, Sanderling, and Black-bellied Plovers in the area.

Steve Walter
Bayside, NY