This evening from 3:20 to dusk Samantha Holschbach and I searched without
success for the Pink-footed Goose at Sunken Meadow State Park.  We found a
flock of 65 Canadas on the edge of a closed parking lot; that was it for goose
activity.  It seems we've missed this bird by one day.  No Accipiters seen
either.

Earlier we birded the south shore of Long Island from Point Lookout to Robert
Moses State Park.  No unusual species, but plenty of opportunities to study all
three scoters, Common Eiders, Common & Red-throated Loons, Long-tailed Ducks,
Red-breasted Mergansers, Northern Gannets, Ruddy Turnstones, Dunlin, American
Oystercatchers, and Black-bellied Plovers.

Dan Scheiman

formerly East Meadow, NY

currently Little Rock, AR