Hi everyone.

I spent the afternoon at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge.  The usual assortment
of waterfowl was present.  But there was also this swan, which looked to me
like a Tundra Swan.  Other birders that saw it with me thought the same, but
another birder I showed photos to found them to be inconclusive.  The photos
were taken from far away and the light was about as bad as could possibly
be.  I don't want anyone to miss out on a good bird if it actually is a
Tundra Swan.  So if you are at Jamaica Bay, go to the bench at the end of
the Terrapin Trail and keep an eye out for it beyond the signpost.  The
photos give you a better idea of where to look.  It was by itself and there
were no other swans observed on today's trip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nutrichris/sets/72157622901879292/

Thanks.

Christina Wilkinson