The Cackling Goose continues at the basin in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park,
where reported by Seth Ausubel. Today, at least, it spent considerable time
roosting on the "island", so that could be a good place to focus one's efforts.

The Ash-throated Flycatcher was still present along Cohancy St. It may be
visible for long periods of time, but may also disappear. Patience is usually
rewarded. Waiting along Cohancy St. and looking in all directions is my advice
if it's not immediately visible. That may also lead to a glimpse or two of the
Orange-crowned Warbler, which was still there today.

And also in Queens, I opened my front door this morning to the sight of a
thousand Common Grackles on nearby lawns. Hey, they're cool, and I like seeing
lots of birds.

Hawk watch totals: Eagles 34, Falcons 7.

Steve Walter
Bayside, NY