  From: Hugh McGuinness
  Cc: NYSBIRDS-L
  Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:38 PM
  Subject: Re:[nysbirds-l] Pale falcon near Riverhead, Long Island brings
excitement on a wet and gloomy day

  For those going to look at the falcon reported today in Calverton, I would
like to expand on Angus' directions: The bird spent all of its perching time on
the high tension poles that run through the agricultural fields along Hulse
Landing Road north of Rt 25A. The bird ranged from Hulse Landing Rd to the tree
row at the edge of the field about 1/2 mile west, which can best be viewed from
Sound Ave.

  In addition, if any birder has ties to the falconry community, it would be
good to check to see if anyone is reporting a lost bird that resembles the
Calverton falcon.

  Hugh

  Hugh McGuinness
  The Ross School