I was optimistic that predicted overnight south winds would bring a
spring fallout to Brooklyn, so spent from 6:30am to around 9am in
Prospect Park. The fallout never materialized. Plus, yesterday's birds
either departed, expired or had more sense than me and stayed out of
the rain. There was a short burst of yellow-rump activity on the
Peninsula at around 7:30am, but that was about it. I checked the
actually wind history when I returned home and found that the South
wind had been very brief, then, through the course of the evening,
switched from SE to ESE. By dawn the wind was coming from the East.
I'm guessing that there was a similar lack of birds in other NYC parks.

Better birding next time,

Rob

The City Birder Weblog
http://citybirder.blogspot.com