I had a wonderful time walking the trails, but mostly standing with my head
straight up looking into the tops of the trees, at Sunken Meadow State Park
this morning.  My hike lasted from 7:15am-11:30am and by the end, I was very
happy how it turned out.  All the highlights are below, many of them being
FOS's.

Green Heron- FOS, 1
Black-crowned Night-Herons- 12
Wood Ducks- 2 pairs including a female with six ducklings in the wooded stream!
Osprey- 6
Killdeer- 1 flying around tidal flats
Eastern Kingbirds- FOS, 2 perched in a tree by Field 3
House Wrens- several heard
Ruby-crowned Kinglets- a low count of 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers- 6
Hermit Thrush- 2
Wood Thrush- FOS, 2
Gray Catbirds- too numerous to count
Brown Thrasther- 4
White-eyed Vireos- 3
Blue-headed Vireo- 1
Warbling Vireo- FOS, 2
Blue-winged Warbler- FOS, 8
Nashville Warbler- FOS, 1
Northern Parula- FOS, 13
Yellow Warblers- abundant, at least over 35
Prairie Warbler- FOS, 6
Black-throated Blue Warbler- FOS, 3
Yellow-rmped Warbler- everywhere!
Black-throated Green Warbler- FOS, 5
Palm Warbler- only 2
Black-and-white Warbler- FOS, 19 (numerous)
American Redstarts- FOS, 3
Northern Waterthrush- FOS, 2
Common Yellowthroats- abundant
Scarlet Tanager- 1 singing along Inner Marsh trail
Orchard Oriole- FOS, 1
Baltimore Oriole- FOS, 1

I had 15 FOS's, 13 species of warbler, and  a total of 74 species for the day.

Vinny Pellegrino
picasaweb.com/vinnypelle
East Northport, NY

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you've
imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau