I birded Breezy Point (Queens County) today between 10:00 AM-12:30 PM.
Highlights were as follows:
GLAUCOUS GULL- A small 1st cycle bird, and definitely a different individual
than the one I saw across the inlet at Plum Beach a month ago. Inlet Side.
Roseate Tern- 3 (Ocean side)
Lesser Black-backed Gull- 2 (Adult & 3rd/4th-cycle bird) (Ocean Side)
Northern Gannet- 6-8
Piping Plover- 11
Common Loon- 3

Today was a vastly different spectacle than just two days ago out there. On
Monday, while doing a mostly Brooklyn/some Queens Big Day, Shane Blodgett, Rob
Jett, Heydi Lopes, and I saw ~20,000 Terns feeding over Breezy Point and on the
Ocean just off the point. We viewed this from a long distance away (The Silver
Gull Club), so couldn't get much detail. However we did have an immature Jaeger
(probable Parasitic, although it was rather small) harassing the Terns off of
SGC, and we also had 2 flyby Gull-billed Terns, and a Purple Sandpiper
lingering on the SGC jetty. Monday saw a clear day with a NW wind that was up
to 30 MPH sustained however, so today's ~15+ MPH East wind with mist and some
fog certainly presented different conditions.

Good Birding
-Doug Gochfeld. Brooklyn, NY.