Thanks to everyone sharing information and photos on this bird!

My impression from the photos is that this is likely a coastal Sooty Fox
Sparrow (unalaschcensis subspecies group) rather than a Slate-colored
(schistacea group), mostly because the ventral streaks look so thick, blurry,
and concolorous with the dorsal plumage--and are also very extensive. My
impression of Slate-colored is that the ventral streaking is less extensive and
tends to consist of neater, blacker markings in better contrast with the
(grayer) dorsal plumage.

Please keep the reports coming if it hangs in tomorrow!

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore

Think green before you print this email.