Date: Wednesday, 2 June 2010 (6:30a-8:05a & 12:10p-1:00p)
Location: Bryant Park - Manhattan
Reported by: Ben Cacace

The latest EASTERN TOWHEE sighting on Manhattan, from a city park (according
ebird.org<http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?step=saveChoices&getLocations=counties&parentState=US-NY&bMonth=01&bYear=2010&eMonth=12&eYear=2010&reportType=location&counties=US-NY-061&continue.x=0&continue.y=0&continue=Continue>)
is from Inwood Hill Park on
23-May<http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?cmd=decisionPage&speciesCodes=eastow&getLocations=counties&counties=US-NY-061&bYear=2010&eYear=2010&bMonth=1&eMonth=12&reportType=species&parentState=US-NY>.
The latest on NYSBirds is 17-May from Central
Park<http://www.mail-archive.com/nysbirds-l@cornell.edu/msg02043.html>.
The Bryant Park male towhee was seen today in trees above the north border
garden of the Great Lawn during lunch hour.

In the morning both OVENBIRD & COMMON YELLOWTHROAT were singing. During
lunch hour a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER was spotted. The latter was seen north
of the Great Lawn along the main walk.

At least 1 WHITE-THROATED SPARROW continues in the park.

Early in the day a PEREGRINE FALCON was seen flying from west to east around
7:50a. After leaving the park I spotted a Peregrine Falcon on the lower
north antenna perpendicular to the Chrysler Building. During a late lunch
break around 3:30p I watched a Peregrine Falcon land on the Chrysler
Building's north facade. This is a previously unknown perch which is not
visible from the park. I viewed this just outside Little Italy Pizza on 43rd
St. off Madison Ave.

Weather for 2-Jun for Central Park (5:51a-12:51p) <