Clearing skies and 25 kt southwest winds made for interesting birding
conditions on the Lake Erie shore.  Highlight was 9 AMERICAN AVOCET and 2
WILLET at the Cattaraugus Creek outlet between Angola and Silver Creek.   They
were on the north side of the creek just east of the north  breakwall.  The
only viewing is from the south breakwall as accessed from  the end of
Alleghany Rd.

Even though the Willets were the humongous "western" form, they preferred
standing in shallower water than the Avocets and were sometimes hard to
see.  Will they stay, will they go (only the bird knows).

Gull numbers are excellent in Dunkirk.  I expected Franklin's and/or
Laughing but came up empty.  I think their arrival is imminent.

Dave Wheeler.