From: geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu
[mailto:geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Morgante
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:55 PM
To: geneseebird...@geneseo.edu
Cc: dfsu...@verizon.net
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] FW: Black-bellied Whistling-duck at Tonawanda WMA
- Wed evening

I'm forwarding this message for Paul Hess, biologist at Iroquois NWR.  He
found and photographed a Black-bellied Whistling-Duck at Tonawanda WMA this
evening.  See directions below.  Please take caution on his notes regarding
traffic on Rt 77 - it is a dangerous spot.

This is a first for Buffalo Ornithological Society study area (NY Kingbird
region 1) and I believe a 2nd for New York following birds on Oneida Lake
earlier this summer.

As there will likely be great interest in re-finding this bird, please post
your sightings (even if not found).

Mike Morgante

Orchard Park, NY

mo...@roadrunner.com