All,

It was a very interesting day in the park punctuated by one very unexpected
exotic species.  This morning a Japanese Quail was foraging in dead leaves
on the upper Point, near the Boathouse.  Most of the exotic species I've
seen in the CP, including common pet store birds or fancy doves are very
good fliers. But a Quail really surprised me I wish I knew how it got there!
 Here's a picture of the bird:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasurfbird/4935609869/

Real migrants were in short supply with the exception of Empids which seemed
to be everywhere.  Most remained silent for me, I only heard one call the
entire day (a Willow) and outside of a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher the
majority had to be left unidentified.  Warblers were present, I found 12
species after several hours of looking.  Wilson's Warblers were on the Great
Hill and Oven, a Tennessee Warbler was in the Butterfly field, a very dingy
Cape May Warbler was at Strawberry Field. Redstarts, Black-and-whites,
Magnolia, Canada and Ovenbirds were around in good (for the day) numbers and
a I had low numbers Waterthrush, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Blue and
Yellowthroats.

One of the 1st birds I heard for the day was a Red-breasted Nuthatch and I
continued to see / hear several of them around the North Woods.  There was
probably 6 in total which seems like a lot for this time of year.
 Regardless it's a bird I always enjoy seeing and was just one of around 52
species I had for the day.

Sam Stuart
NYC